Did you know falling from an office chair could seriously injure you? Falling from an office chair can result in bumps, bruises, strains and sprains. You should always take precautions to prevent such injuries. Mark Downs Office Furniture is here to help you stay safe and be comfortable in your office chair with some do’s and don’ts of office chair safety.
How To Keep Safe In Your Office Chair
- You should always assemble your office chair as directed. Every piece should be placed in proper order. Your chair should feel tight and put together when properly assembled.
- Next, make sure all casters or wheels are fully inserted into the base of your chair. The most sturdy office chairs are the ones with 5-legged base.
- Once your chair is properly assembled, make sure you tighten any loose parts every 6 months to ensure continuous stability. You should purchase chairs with casters or wheels made for your carpet or flooring surface for the best safety.
- Last but not least, make sure the tension control of your chair is adjusted for the appropriate body weight of the chair user.
How To Avoid Office Chair Injuries
- Never lean too far back in your chair. If you notice the wheels or legs are lifting off the floor, don’t lean further back. By leaning you could cause your chair to slip out from underneath you. This could seriously injure you as well as cause structural damage to your chair.
- Don’t push your weight too forward in your chair. This action could make your chair tip over. Always use a chair with forward tilt, if forwarding your position is necessary.
- Don’t leave plugged electrical appliances on your chair. This could result in a fire if the chair because overheated.
If you need a comfortable and safe chair for your office, Mark Downs Office Furniture is here to help.
About Mark Downs
Mark Downs Office Furniture is a family-owned company that offers the largest display of office furniture in Maryland. From your office-at-home to your office suite, Mark Down offers the best values in new, used, and gently abused furniture: desks, chairs, files, tables, office panel cubicles and panel systems. Ergonomic chairs are our specialty.
If you need beautiful furniture and affordable prices today, contact Mark Downs at 1.800.281.3696, take a look around our website, and come on in and see us!
Check us out on Facebook , Twitter , LinkedIn and Google+ as well!