Your conference room gets a lot of use and hosts some lengthy meetings, so choosing the perfect seating is critical. Just like the seating at office desks should be comfortable, encourage health, and foster productivity, your conference room seating should look professional, fit the room well, and support back health. Here are some quick tips for choosing conference room seating for your office.
Conference Room Seating 101
Conference room seating can have a big impact on the feel of your conference room. Ideally, they will impress clients that come into your room and help keep your employees motivated and comfortable during long meetings. They should be easy to use and also reflect your brand and company culture. When choosing the right conference room seating, consider the following:
- What is the style of your conference room? Make sure that you don’t put modern chairs in a traditional and homey conference room.
- How much space do you have to work with? If you have a large and open room there are many seating options that will work. If you have a cozy and tight space, large chairs will not be the best use of your conference room.
- How do you use your conference room seating? Do you frequently get up and move around during meetings or stay stationary the entire time?
The Conference Room Seating
Now that you have surveyed the room, it’s time to focus on the seating itself. Ask yourself the following questions:
- Will this chair make a good impression on clients when they enter the room? You should also factor in how easy it will be to maintain your chosen seating and keep it clean, as beautiful dirty chairs are much worse than simple and plan chairs.
- Is this chair ergonomic? This is crucial for keeping clients and workers comfortable and seated during meetings. If someone is not comfortable, they won’t be focusing on the content of the meeting over the knot developing in their back.
- How often do you use the sating in your conference room? If it gets everyday use you should purchase sturdier chairs that can handle a high frequency of use.
Office Furniture and Decor for Your Office
Mark Downs is happy to help you get the most productive, creative, and positive work environment possible through our office furniture and design expertise. We have the expertise and equipment to ensure your conference room is attractive, productive, and a wonderful hub of activity in your office. Stop by our Cockeysville showroom to see what we can offer or give us a call at 410-771-6800. To see examples of our work and what we are up to, follow us on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and Pinterest.