While we may be trying to warm up from the latest snowfall, spring is only around the corner. With the arrival of spring, many look forward to the birds chirping, the flowers blooming, and the office being cleaned? Spring cleaning is a known activity for most households, a time to de-clutter and reorganize from the stuffy winter months. However, spring cleaning isn’t only for homes! Office space spring cleaning is a great way for team members to organize their work spaces and set a goal of productivity for themselves. Here are some tips for successful spring cleaning in your office this season.
- Never try to tackle your entire office at once. Instead, create a game plan and divide your space into sections. This will help spring cleaning go by quickly and help you feel accomplished after each section is clear.
- Only leave items on your desk that you use on a regular basis. This will typically include your computer, your phone, and the occasional pen and legal pad. Anything else should be put away to avoid unnecessary clutter on your desk and work space.
- Consider implementing a new filing system for your paperwork. Instead of placing papers in piles around your desk, use baskets or other organizers to create a system for your paperwork.
- Spring cleaning can include your computer as well. While it may not be physical clutter, unnecessary files and emails can clutter your computer and hinder your work performance. Take the time to delete emails and files that are no longer needed and organize the files and emails that remain.
- Spring cleaning should end with a final wipe down of your furniture. Dust and other organic material tend to build over time, so using a cleaning solution and a clean towel will add freshness to your work area.
At Mark Downs Office Furniture, we specialize in new and used furniture to help turn your office into a collaborative space for your employees. From desks, to ergonomic chairs, to conference room tables, Mark Downs has everything you need to create a comfortable and welcoming work environment for your employees.
Want to get started with Mark Downs? Search our website for furniture pieces or stop in to our showroom, located conveniently in Cockeysville. Have a specific question? Call us today at 410-771-6800 to speak to a trained staff member.
Follow Mark Downs Office Furniture today on Pinterest, Facebook, LinkedIn, and Twitter.