There are plenty of office buildings and spaces throughout the Baltimore and surrounding areas. While these offices spaces are probably serving their purpose, many might be in need of a design update. Like most things, business concepts and ideas change and evolve over time, causing business owners to update their ways of handling business. In recent years, businesses have begun to design their office spaces with the goal of encouraging collaboration, creativity, and productivity from their clients.
Ways to Accomplish an Office Design Update
- Organize your Space- An organized office is a productive office. If areas throughout our office space are becoming cluttered or disorganized, choose an organizational system that best suits your office. Choose a file cabinet system that will not only fit well in the office space, but will match and flow with the rest of the office space interior.
- Colors- As discussed in our previous blog What Color is your Office, the colors used throughout your office space play a huge role in your staff activity. Instead of repainting your entire office, choose select walls to paint in accent colors. Choose colors that will help promote creativity and productivity throughout your staff.
- Light- The amount of light available throughout your office space is important as well to the productivity of your staff. Too little or too much light can become distracting to your employees, hindering their overall performance. Consider adding decorative light fixtures in areas that lack lighting.
- Conference Room– A collaborative conference room is essential in an office design update. Allowing your team to collaborate on projects together will help boost productivity along with overall morale within the office space. Choose a table that will comfortably seat your entire staff while also fitting within the conference room.
- Artwork- A few select pieces of artwork can make a huge impact on your staff. Choose pieces that will interest your employees and engage new customers or clients.
Office Design Update with Mark Downs Office Furniture
At Mark Downs Office Furniture, we specialize in new and used furniture to help turn your office into a collaborative space for your employees. From desks, to ergonomic chairs, to conference room tables, Mark Downs has everything you need to create a comfortable and welcoming work environment for your employees.
Want to get started with Mark Downs? Search our website for furniture pieces or stop in to our showroom, located conveniently in Cockeysville. Have a specific question? Call us today at 410-771-6800 to speak to a trained staff member.